Sunday, 13 January 2013

REVIEW: Essie's "Pennytalk", a unique metallic varnish (★★★☆☆)

Essie's "Pennytalk" has been on my beauty wish list for quite a while. As I was browsing the web just after Christmas (unwilling to face the sales in town) I thought I'd look for this gorgeous metallic. I got lucky and managed to find "Pennytalk" for £5. What a steal!

Essie "Pennytalk", one coat

"Pennytalk" is an extremely pigmented copper. Depending on the light, it appears rose gold. I only needed one coat of this varnish to get good coverage, so I'm impressed.

The thing that bothers me is that it is a little tricky to apply. I thought I'd done a good job until it dried up and looked a bit streaky. But maybe I was just too quick... Patience must be the key for this one. Moreover, it already chipped a little the very next day, despite top coat. Not ideal.


This is my very first Essie varnish, but I am likely to be getting more as I am happy with this one. I thought that "Pennytalk" would make a nice addition to my nail varnish collection because I don't own anything like it. I think the colour works all year round—the metallic shine is gorgeous over the dark winter months, yet it's brightness will also be gorgeous in the summer. Win win.

2 comments:

  1. I love Essie nail polishes, they usually last really long. And this color is great!
    Thank you for the good news)
    Lulu
    http://greeklulu.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It makes my day!

Please do leave links to your blogs, I'm always interested in discovering new gems.

Pin It button on image hover
BACK TO TOP ⤴