Wednesday, 30 January 2013

REVIEW: Naked Skin Blinking Lovely Eye Make Up Remover (★★★★☆)

Okay, I confess: I am lazy when it comes to taking my make up off. I'm all for grabbing a Simple Cleansing Wipe, especially since they are often on offer (3 for £5) and they're just so convenient. However, I do realise that these types of wipes can leave some make up residue (waterproof mascara, oh my days!) and aren't the best solution to rid your skin of your artwork.

I'm not gonna lie, I still find myself going for a Simple wipe on my really lazy days or when I'm away for the weekend. Nonetheless, I got myself an eye make up remover for the purpose of getting rid of that extra stubborn gel liner and mascara.

Whilst browsing Superdrug a few months ago, I stumbled upon the Naked Skin Blinking Lovely Eye Make Up Remover and I was instantly attracted by the product description and the cute packaging.

Naked Skin Blinking Lovely Eye Make Up Remover (for sensitive eyes)
Naked Skin Blinking Lovely Eye Make Up Remover (available here, currently on offer for £2.99)

Naked claims that
The hills are alive with alpine herbs! These fresh air fanatics tone and refresh tired eyes. Meanwhile witch hazel and aloe vera help to cool (a bit like the T-birds but without the greasiness). Our eye make up remover has been clinically tested for sensitive skin, is dermatologically tested, fragrance free and alcohol free.
How cute is that description? I'm glad to say that it's not just a marketing gag. This product does a great job at removing those traces of mascara. I usually put a generous amount onto a cotton pad, softly press it onto my eye area, wait a few seconds, and then gently wipe my make up off. For eyeliner and mascara left overs, I soak a cotton bud in the product and use it along my lash line.

Naked Skin Blinking Lovely Eye Make Up Remover (for sensitive eyes)

It really is great for sensitive eyes. I originally bought this product as my eyes were suffering from horrible sore patches caused by the dry winter weather and I didn't want to irritate my skin even more. The Naked range almost entirely relies on natural ingredients, in this case alpine herbs, aloe vera and witch hazel—with the exception of preservatives keeping the product from going off all too soon.

So far, so good. I only have one thing to moan about... the quality of the packaging. Whilst packing for a weekend away, planning on taking this with me, I thought I'd make sure that the lid was on nice and tight. Unfortunately, I ended up breaking the screw-on bit of the lid, resulting in me not being able to close the bottle properly. Thus, I won't be taking this one anywhere. I did a bit of research and Naked admits that 'the appearance of these bottles is slightly flawed; they have a greenish/brown tings and [...] may look poor quality. The truth is quite contrary as recycled materials are a more expensive option and great time and care is taken in sourcing them.'

Fair enough. Maybe I handled the bottle too brutally, but then I'm only a little, weak, 5'2'' girl. Anyhow, I'm marking the product down slightly, which means this one is getting 4 stars from me.

What do you use to remove your make up? Do you rely on cleansing wipes or make up removers?

6 comments:

  1. i tend to use lancome cleanser and then soap and water or sometimes i skip the cleanser all together and just use soap and water and others ill just use the cleanser haha

    i love the concept of your blog and look forward to reading more of it
    im your newest follower
    find me at..
    BreezeyBee Blog
    xoXo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love Lancome foundations, but I've never thought about trying their cleansers! Thanks for the tip! And many thanks for following, it means a lot! x

      Delete
  2. I'm looking for a good eye makeup remover, I have quite sensitive eyes. I'll try this one if I find it) I use Bioderma miscellar water as a cleanser now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard lots of good things about Bioderma. I will have to check out the range when I next visit Europe! x

      Delete
  3. Love your blog.

    I have nominated your for The Liebster Award. Check out my post
    http://www.plustenkapow.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    :)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! Thank you ever so much! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It makes my day!

Please do leave links to your blogs, I'm always interested in discovering new gems.

Pin It button on image hover
BACK TO TOP ⤴