Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Teal saran wrap (cling film) nails... my first attempt

Until a few minutes ago I had no idea that 'saran wrap' is not some Arabic term for something fancy or exotic. In fact, it's what the Brits call cling film, but I'll admit that saran wrap sounds way cooler.

Anyhow, it'd be more accurate to call the following experiment Boots plastic bag nails, because that's what I had lying around and inspired me to give this nail art technique a go.

Teal saran wrap nails with dabs of gold 

I have to say I am quite pleased with the result, and while at first I was aiming for a jade stone inspired look, it turned out to be something a lot more random. But I like it!

I used a teal nail varnish as a base (Manhattan, a European brand available in Germany), followed by a dark blue varnish for the stamping (also Manhattan, in 'Ultra Quarz') and a few dabs of gold (Peggy Sage in Nr 485 'Scintillant Beige').

Teal saran wrap nails with dabs of gold

I realise that this is essentially a European manicure in the sense that all these nail varnishes are exclusive to the continent and not available in the UK. However there are similar (if not identical) varnishes around if you wanted to recreate this look.

Have you tried saran wrap nails?

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I saw your blog on Hellocotton come and check it out!
    I loved the content, wonderful nail art, congratulations for the amazing job here!.
    See you soon!
    Alessandra
    My Blog: http://www.divatododia.com.br

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet! Thank you very much :) x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It makes my day!

Please do leave links to your blogs, I'm always interested in discovering new gems.

Pin It button on image hover
BACK TO TOP ⤴