Tuesday, 5 February 2013

I have been nominated for the Liebster Award!

I was really quite chuffed when the lovely Chrissie from +10 Kapow told me that she'd nominated me for the Liebster Award. Well, I still am!

The Liebster Award is awarded to blogger by other bloggers. It goes to blogs with under 200 followers and is meant to spread the word about some of the less known blogs in order to give them the recognition they deserve. I'm not sure I'm quite there yet, but I feel very privileged to have been nominated this early in my blogging 'career'.



THE RULES:
  1. Once nominated, you have to state 11 facts about yourself,
  2. then answer 11 questions asked by the blogger who has nominated you, 
  3. nominate 11 bloggers,
  4. and finally come up with 11 questions for the nominees to answer.
So here we go...

11 FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I only moved to England about three years ago.

2. I don't like fruit except for apples and grapes…

3. We have the cutest dog, but he's living with my parents back home. I miss him lots!

4. Burger King over McDonalds ANY DAY.

5. One Tree Hill is probably my favourite tv series, ever.

6. I am seriously addicted to Sprite. Sooo bad, I know.

7. I speak four languages. Although admittedly every single one (except for my English) has gone a bit rusty. Cough.

8. I am obsessed with Lana Del Rey. I love her. Love love love her. I think she's brilliant!

9. I love anything vintage, hence my weakness for anything 1920s. I love things like Downton Abbey and Water for Elephants for that very reason.

10. I never paint my toe nails. It just seems so pointless! Lazy, definitely.

11. I want to be a teacher, and I tend to get a little irritated when people start pulling a disgusted face and ask me 'why???' when I tell them.


MY ANSWERS TO CHRISSIE'S QUESTIONS:
1. What is the first word that pops into your head?
Plane. The one outside right now is making my desk shake!

2. If you were a Superhero, what would you be called and what super powers would you have?
I would be Miss Lux and be able to read people's minds!

3. What mobile phone do you have?
iPhone 4, which admittedly has seen better days…

4. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be and what would you be doing?
I would be in Disneyland, about to hop on to Space Mountain. Oh yes!

5. What is your most coveted beauty item?
I would love to try a Chanel foundation. They just look exquisite!

6. Favourite food?
Honest? Anything goes, really. I love British, Italian, Indian, Chinese... I love cooking as well. (Nigella for the win!)

7. What 3 people (dead or alive) would you choose for your perfect dinner party?
Lana Del Rey, because she is so glamorous.
Michael McIntyre, because he is just blooming hilarious.
Eddie Redmayne, because I have developed a school girl crush on him ever since I saw My Week with Marilyn.

8. What book are you reading at the moment or what have you read most recently?
Dare I say Fifty Shades…? No, I'm kidding. I've just read Henry James' Daisy Miller. God, James is frustrating.

9. You win the lottery, what's the first thing you do?
Make sure half of the money is kept somewhere safe, and totally spend the other half!!

10. What make-up items do you have in your handbag?
Nothing really, I'm ashamed to say. My little 'make up bag' usually contains a compact Tangle Teezer, hand sanitiser, Vaseline lip balm, lipstick and mayyybe, just maybe concealer. I usually don't bother reapplying make up during the day, which is probably why I always look like a nightmare when I get back home.

11. Which season of the year do you prefer and why?
Spring, of course. Or Autumn. I can't really decide. I guess I like those two seasons because weather wise they are kind of in between. I like a bit of warmth, but I just can't physically cope with temperatures over 24 degrees.


MY NOMINEES ARE:
1. Danielle: Danielle's Discerning Eye
2. Lucy: Lucy & Beauty
3. Ellie: Ellie etc.
4. Amy: PaintPotted
5. Mona: Mona's Crystal Castle

(I am aware that I have only nominated 5 bloggers. However, I found it really difficult to find blogs without a significant amount of followers... which is why the Liebster Award is such a great idea!)


MY QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. If you could only keep one nail varnish, which one would it be and why?
2. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
3. Tell me about something embarrassing that has happened to you in the past!
4. What type of beauty product was the first you owned (lipstick, nail varnish, eye shadow, etc.)?
5. What is your favourite song?
6. Name one obsession!
7. What is your specialty dish?
8. If you were writing a novel, what would it be about?
9. Have you ever met a famous person?
10. A quotation from your favourite book/film/song/...?
11. ... Marmite?


Thanks again to Chrissie for doing me the honours!

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely, thank you so much! I love Lana Del Rey too, can i attend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the best dinner party ever, right?? :) You're very welcome x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Emelie.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It makes my day!

Please do leave links to your blogs, I'm always interested in discovering new gems.

Pin It button on image hover
BACK TO TOP ⤴