Tuesday, 16 April 2013

REVIEW: Model's Own 'Snow White' - NP042 (★★☆☆☆)

I took a cheeky day or two off university work, and one of my favourite ways to procrastinate is to give myself a manicure.

Now, I recently bought Model's Own 'Snow White' because, believe it or not, I didn't have a plain white nail varnish in my collection. Little did I know that white nail varnish tends to be problematic. I bought this Model's Own varnish on a whim and eventually had a rude awakening because I hadn't googled any swatches or reviews beforehand. Rookie mistake!

 photo 20130416-models-own-np042-snow-white-nail-polish-bubbles-1_zpsd6bae7fa.jpg

Oh well. I guess I have only got myself to blame. The application process was a nightmare. I'd tried this one before, and ended up removing it all because I just couldn't get it to work.

So today I decided to give it another go, and even though I could get it to work  slightly better for me, it still just didn't float my boat (or my nail, haha, see what I did there?). I felt like I was brushing tipp-ex on to my nails. Not a happy bunny!

 photo 20130416-models-own-np042-snow-white-nail-polish-bubbles-2_zps562cb380.jpg

Bubbles EVERYWHERE. I tried applying a few thin coats... result: streaky, sticky mess. The polish is just too thick in itself to be applied in thin layers. I then tried applying thick coats... result: tipp-ex effect and bubbles. Bear in mind that I'm wearing a (thick) top coat over the varnish in all images, which is why it might actually look okay. It looks better on the photos than it looks in reality anyway.

 photo 20130416-models-own-np042-snow-white-nail-polish-bubbles-3_zps9cb39692.jpg
Anyhow, I spent too much time on these to take it all off straightaway... so I guess I'll just live with it. I might just get my stamping plates out for the next procrastination session... 2 out of 5 stars. I'm not convinced. Sorry, Model's Own.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love honest reviews!)
    I don't get on well with white nail polishes, that's why I dont' own any))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame :( I have just recently purchased the sinful colors white shade. I hope it applies better than this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no them bubbles are dreadful'

    prettypugly.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment. It makes my day!

Please do leave links to your blogs, I'm always interested in discovering new gems.

Pin It button on image hover
BACK TO TOP ⤴